Tuesday 24 November 2009

Been knitting properly for about 8 months now and I'm finally knitting something for myself!  I've knit socks, gloves, capes, jumpers, blankets, hats and more baby stuff than I know what to do with but now, I've decided to be selfsih and knit myself a jumper.

I'm doing it in Sirdar Big Softie which is a beautifully soft chunky wool in an absolutely gorgeous shade of blue-grey.  I'm also using Rosewood needles for the frist time because Dad complains when I use metal/plastic in the large sizes (apparently they make too much noise...).  I'll attempt to post a picture of my progress so far (I love knitting in chunky, only started yesterday and I'm already up the armhole shaping on the back) but it depends on if I can remember how.

I just realised something.  I described myself earlier in this entry as being selfish for knitting myself something, but I'm not.  Everything I do is for other people and I deserve to have just one thing in my life that's mine and mine alone and right now this one thing is this jumper.

In other knitting news, during the massive sort-out we had at the weekend it was discovered Mum threw away an entire trash bag of wool.  Now, most of it was just baby wool and acrylic stuff but it also contained the vast majority of my Noro stash, all of my Zauberball and, and this is the really heart-breaking bit, 2 skeins of incrediblly expensive cashmere that I was saving for when I got the confidence to knit a lace shawl!

1 comment: