Friday 21 August 2009

It's taken me almost 5 months but I've finally finished my first pair of socks!

 
Look at them, aren't they fabulous? They're made from Regia 4 ply sock yarn (can't remember the name) and are actually a lot less orange and a lot more red than they appear in the picture (forgive the milk bottle legs, the only way I could take a picture was by laying on the bed and taking it down my body).
I even grafted the toe by myself and everything!  I would like to thank Silver for her on-line sock-tutorial which talked me through everything step by step and which I found immensely helpful.
Now, wonder how many friends I can give hand-knitted socks to for Christmas...

2 comments:

  1. Definitely fabulous! I've started my first sock but have not finished, so even though it took five months, you are ahead of me.

    Beverly in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would have been even more fabulous if it weren't for the fact that the toe unravelled the first time I wore them...

    ReplyDelete