Sunday 16 August 2009

Joy to the world

Yesterday's poncho today became a shoulder warmer when I discovered that I had knit 3 rounds without increasing, couldn't be bothered to rip it back and so cast-off. It actually looks pretty good and has taught me that not everything has to be 100% perfect.

Popped down to my local John Lewis to purchase the needles to finish Dad's jumper and was gifted with 2 skeins of Noro Blossom by a complete stranger who accidentally smacked me in the face with a curtain rod! This yarn is truly drool-worthy and knitting a scarf in it is going to be my reward for finishing Dad's jumper, knitting my cousins christening gown (although I have until at least February for that one) and knitting stuff for the 3 other babies that are due to join my rather large and extended family.

I also purchased a book of DK baby patterns (on that note, do you have any idea how hard it is to find unisex baby patterns?) and some gorgeous Louisa Harding Kashmir DK yarn in a beautiful soft sage green. This yarn is 55% merino, 35% microfibre and 10% cashmere and is the softest thing I have ever felt in my life. The only problem is that the ball bands contain no wash/care instructions so any advice would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment